Missouri Lawyers Providing Assistance after Overweight Truck Accidents
Work with truck accident injury attorneys in Columbia to punish trucking companies for their negligence
When truckers and trucking companies put overweight or improperly loaded trucks on the road, they pose a potential danger to all other drivers. The lawyers at Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law have more than 100 years of combined legal experience in personal injury cases, and understand the nuances of the laws governing commercial truck drivers. We fight for you in court to prove that the trucker was negligent in following the regulations for weight limits, and obtain compensation for you that covers all of your medical costs for your injuries. We focus on finding the best possible deals for you at all times, and do not stop fighting until we achieve exactly that.
Legal representation for negligent or intentional freight loading violations
There is very little margin for error when it comes to loading a commercial vehicle. A truck with too much weight impedes the driver’s ability to slow down in time at intersections or around curves. However, if the cargo is improperly loaded, is too light or shifts inside the truck, the driver could potentially lose control of the rig. This makes trucks with weight violations a danger not only to truck drivers, but also to anyone in their path on the road.
As your Columbia truck accident attorneys, we investigate every detail of your crash so that we can identify how the driver or the trucking company was negligent in meeting their loading standards. Some of our cases have included:
- Overweight trucks. Overloading increases the braking distance of the vehicle.
- Shifting freight. When freight moves from one part of the truck to another, it can cause the truck to tip over on the road.
- Unbalanced loads. An unbalanced truck loses maneuverability. Additionally, any unsecured freight in an unbalanced load could fall from the truck and become a hazard on the road to other drivers.
- Improper loading. Improperly loaded vehicles make it much more difficult for truck drivers to judge their stopping distances and how much they must slow down when driving around a bend.
- Broken tarps or tie downs. Defective or improper use of tie downs and tarps make it much easier for freight to shift within the truck or fall out of a trailer.
Contact our Columbia truck accident injury attorneys for more information
When you suffer an injury due to the negligence of a trucker, do not hesitate to schedule a free consultation with Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law by calling 573.874.4190 or by contacting us online. We offer flexible office hours, and come to visit you at your home if you cannot make it to us. We have free parking available to visitors, and you can also reach our office by bus.