Columbia Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Spine and spinal cord injuries are among the most serious types of personal injuries. Those who suffer damage to their spines or spinal cords are likely to experience severe pain and discomfort, and/or suffer temporary, long-term, or even permanent disability.
The Columbia spine injury attorneys at Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law understand the obstacles that those battling spine injuries face. Serving clients throughout the mid-Missouri region, our lawyers work aggressively to help victims of negligence obtain the compensation they deserve for their spine injuries. When spinal injuries leave you disabled, incapable of working or providing for your family and saddled with medical bills, you are entitled to certain coverage for your losses.
Causes of spinal injuries
As highly experienced and professional personal injury attorneys, we at Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law are fully prepared to represent you in your spine injury case. If your injury was caused by negligence, lack of safety measures, or an act of violence, our Columbia personal injury attorneys can help you. Consider the following common causes of spine and spinal cord injuries:
- Auto accidents. As reported by the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, traffic collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles are the leading cause of spinal cord injuries. In fact, over 40 percent of spinal cord injuries result from automobile accidents. Accidents, which are typically impact traumas, put the spine at risk for compression, twists, tears or even complete severing.
- Work accidents. Spinal injury is a serious risk in labor-intensive fields, where heavy lifting, twisting and lifting, reaching and lifting, and other repeated unnecessary strains could lead to gradual injuries. Additionally, falls from construction sites, large equipment, or other heights can lead to impact injuries. At Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law in Columbia, lawyers help injured workers collect their rightful benefits, and we are prepared to take appropriate steps when employer negligence ultimately caused injury to a client.
- Acts of violence. Knife wounds, gunshots and other intentional violent encounters cause over 15 percent of all spinal cord injuries.
- Recreational injuries. Sports and other recreational activities can put participants at risk, especially if they fail to take safety measures or wear proper protection. Over 7 percent of spinal cord injuries occur during recreational activities.
- Other causes. Additional conditions, such as degenerative and genetic diseases, poor sleeping conditions and birth injuries account for nearly 8 percent of spinal cord injuries.
Reliable personal injury lawyers in Columbia, Missouri
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt, a spine injury attorney from Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law is ready to help you. Call us today at 573.874.4190 or contact the firm online to schedule an initial consultation. You can also call our toll-free number at 877-888-2345. From our office in Columbia, we represent clients throughout the mid-Missouri area, including those living in Boonville, Fulton, Jefferson City, Moberly, Mexico, Ashland and all surrounding areas.