Missouri Car Accident Attorneys Who Confidently Argue Your Case in Court
Obtain compensation for vehicle damages and medical costs after your Columbia car crash
According to the National Transportation Safety Board, over 44,000 deaths annually are caused by auto accidents and their resulting injuries. Regardless of cause, it is no secret that car accidents are a risk to all drivers and passengers on the road. All drivers have a responsibility to themselves and others — it is their duty to be attentive, careful and safe at all times. Unfortunately, too often driver negligence leads to crashes. When it does, those who suffer injury as a result have the right to collect damages from the driver responsible.
When you’re suffering as the result of a collision, a Columbia car accident attorney from Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law assesses your case and helps you seek coverage for injuries, expenses and property damage. Our attorneys have a reputation for emphatic litigation tactics that provide the best results possible in the courtroom.
Causes of motor vehicle accidents
Our Columbia auto accident attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience helping injury victims. Many of our car-related accident cases involve:
- Driver distraction. The American Automobile Association reports that driver distraction plays a role in 25-50 percent of all car accidents. If you’re suffering because of someone else’s inattention, we can help.
- Driver fatigue. About 100,000 accidents annually are the result of driver exhaustion, reports the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). Drivers on the road for many hours at a time who fail to stop and rest are at an increased risk for falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Drunken or intoxicated driving. According to the NHTSA, about 30 percent of fatal car accidents are due to drunken driving. Impaired driving of any kind is highly dangerous and illegal. Driving under the influence (DUI) is a criminal offense, and those found guilty can end up with serious fines to pay, jail time, a probation period and even a loss of license.
- Speeding. Disregarding the speed limit increases the risk of a car accident and minimizes the reaction time for drivers, often leading to accidents with more severe damage and injuries.
- Aggressive driving. A driver who is aggressive is an unnecessary distraction to all those on the road. Aggressive driving behaviors include:
Contact our qualified Columbia car accident attorneys today for a free initial consultation
At the Law Office of Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law, our car accident lawyers understand how to obtain the maximum compensation possible for the injuries you suffer. For more information, or to schedule an initial consultation, call us today at 573.874.4190 or contact us online.