Missouri Car Accident Lawyers
According to the National Transportation Safety Board, over 44,000 deaths annually are caused by auto accidents and their resulting injuries. All drivers have a responsibility to themselves and others to be attentive, careful and safe at all times. Unfortunately, too often driver negligence leads to crashes. When it does, those who suffer injury as a result have the right to collect damages from the driver responsible.
When you’re suffering as the result of a collision, come see the attorneys at Eng & Woods in Columbia, MO. Our car accident lawyers will assess your case and help you seek compensation for injuries, property damage, and resulting expenses. Our car accident lawyers have a reputation for emphatic litigation tactics that provide the best results possible in the courtroom.
Causes of motor vehicle accidents
Our Columbia auto accident lawyers have more than 100 years of combined experience helping injury victims. Many of our car-related accident cases involve:
- Driver Distraction: The American Automobile Association reports that driver distraction plays a role in 25-50 percent of all car accidents. If you’re suffering because of someone else’s inattention, we can help.
- Driver Fatigue: About 100,000 accidents annually are the result of driver exhaustion, reports the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). Drivers on the road for many hours at a time who fail to stop and rest are at an increased risk for falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Drunk Driving: According to the NHTSA, about 30% of fatal car accidents are due to drunk driving. Driving under the influence (DUI) is a criminal offense, and those found guilty can end up with serious fines to pay, jail time, a probation period and even a loss of license.
- Speeding: Disregarding the speed limit increases the risk of a car accident and minimizes the reaction time for drivers, often leading to accidents with more severe damage and injuries.
- Aggressive Driving: A driver who is aggressive is an unnecessary distraction to all those on the road. Aggressive driving behaviors include:
- Flashing lights at other drivers
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Weaving or changing lanes frequently and without signal
- Failing to yield the right of way
Contact Our Experienced Car Accident Lawyers Today
At the Law Office of Eng & Woods, our car accident lawyers understand how to obtain the maximum compensation possible for the injuries you suffer. For more information, or to schedule an initial consultation, call us today at 877-888-2345 or contact us online.