Experienced Missouri Attorney Handling Premises Liability and Slip and Fall Cases
Our Columbia premises liability lawyers stand for you in your time of need
If you’ve suffered a serious injury because of someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation for medical bills, lost wages and other expenses arising from the accident. You need to work with experienced, zealous litigators who have an in-depth knowledge of the laws governing premises liability cases. At Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law we have more than 100 years of combined legal experience serving our neighbors in Columbia with high-quality personal injury representation. As passionate litigators, we take the time to analyze every detail of your case and form a persuasive case to present to the courtroom that ensures a positive result for you.
Columbia slip and fall attorneys who assist with a variety of premises liability cases
If you have suffered a slip and fall injury and believe someone else’s negligence was to blame, you may wish to consider a lawsuit. Below are examples of slip and fall accidents that we routinely handle:
- Ice. Property owners have a responsibility to make sure their property is free of hazards. Slips and falls on ice-covered steps can cause head and back injuries and even death. Seek the assistance of a personal injury attorney in Columbia if someone you love was injured because of negligence.
- Poorly lit stairwells. Property owners must keep their premises illuminated so guests and tenants do not slip and fall.
- Faulty handrails and stairs. Handrails and stairs can become loose and worn over time. If they are not repaired, a serious accident can result.
- Food spills. Typically occurring in restaurants and grocery stores, food spills create slippery surfaces that can lead to injury or even death.
- Uneven sidewalks. If a sidewalk is not properly constructed or if it degrades over time, a treacherous lip can form between the concrete slabs and cause a fall.
In our investigations in premises liability cases, we first work to determine whether the property owner truly met their legal requirements in terms of property safety. If we can prove that the property is unsafe, we move forward and bring the fight to the courtroom to obtain financial compensation for you and punitive damages against the property owner.
Schedule your free initial consultation with our premises liability lawyers in Columbia today
Call Eng & Woods, Attorneys at Law today at 573.874.4190 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation. We provide comprehensive service through our flexible office hours and our ability to answer calls after hours. We also provide visits to your home when you cannot come to us, and operate on a contingency fee basis to alleviate your anxiety during your difficult time. Let us stand up for you in court and maximize the compensation that you receive in your suit.